Monday, January 16, 2006

An Original Composition

My Favorite Lies
(Sung to the tune of My Favorite Things from The Sound Of Music)
by Matters

a just government and social medicine
objective reporting and humanely killed venison
people who tell you that they are not spies
these are a few of my favorite lies

nutritional guidelines and freedom from poverty
inspirational posters and canada's sovereignty
friends who will claim that they care if you die
these are a few of my favorite lies

"smart and attractive" and "i love you too"
breakfast on sunday and trips to the zoo
believing that it'll work out if you try
these are a few of my favorite lies

when I notice
life isn't great
when I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite lies
and then I don't feel so bad


Yes, there are some problems with the scansion. So sue me.

Please don't sue me.

2 comments:

the Bekka said...

And how many times do I have to tell you - bad scansion is the devil's work! Out, out, foul demons!

Anonymous said...

cute :) yes, i read the blog. its true.

~ev